United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i '19 M6

Garage List
2019 BMW M6  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9blue View Post
Back to the discussion on the hood vents.

Aero probably won't make a huge difference, but...

Having a vent there should dramatically increase the airflow through the radiator, which in M4 GTS has that, same with all the 911 GT3/2 cars. The engine bay airflow setup is pretty piss poor on our cars. All the high pressure air from the grilles through the radiator doesn't really have a place to go.

But I have to say it just won't look right on the smooth exterior non-M or M-sport e9x. You could have the bodyshop fill up the two vents on the side if you want to go with it though. Just FYI, most aftermarket hood has pretty awful fitment from all the pictures I have seen over the years.

You might want to message the OP on this thread, who went with a modded stock hood similar to what you have in mind: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1172039

Btw, it would be interesting to see the data from the other side of the hood. Surely you can find a place to cruise at 80-90mph, no?
Probably a stupid idea but there's really not a lot of metal ahead of the strut towers which is really obvious when the fender liners are removed. Kinda wondering if removing a section of the liners wouldn't be helpful. I know they can be removed in STU class but probably not a great idea to totally remove them on the street, at least not where the oil cooler is on my build, I think. Will have to look at this as a possibility. OTOH, it just might be a stupid idea. Any comments, ideas, suggestions? No idea if the pressure built up in the wheel well would complicate things.
2011 E90 328i 6MT, BMW Aero, CF hood/boot, PI+CAI+RM+3IM+BPC, SS+CI528+ThermoTec+SS#1+2XBurns, AKG 75D eng/trans, Al/Delrin diff/RS, CM 850, UCP, CAE, AKG DSSR, DiffsOnline 3.91 30/90 LSD+BW cooler, C&R, Setrab, Accusump, AST 3-way+Swift, Aurora PR+BW spherical, Vorshlag CPs, M3 brace+UR bar, ARC-8 18x8.5, 255 R1R, RB/CSL rotors+cooling, 135i calipers, RS29, RT700, Safecraft, OMP HTE-R+804F+QD Superquadro, 6pt cage+FIA, Braille, RT DL1Mk3
Appreciate 0