View Single Post
      06-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #8
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Setup

This system takes a speaker level input from the head unit with all four channels going into the MS8 via Techincs harness. From this I am running the Vibe Slick 4 centre and rear speakers using the MS8 and the front door Focals and under seat SWS8’s using the amp. I have retained full PDC front and rear sounds and door chimes/bongs all with adjustable volume using the iDrive and they are just as before. I also have no Bluetooth echo which I am really pleased about. The only thing I have found that is lost is front and rear fade using the iDrive as the MS8 sums the signals to provide a full range signal to work with. If this is an issue this fade can be adjusted via the MS8 itself.

Summary

Overall this was a very easy install but did take a good two full days to do. I managed to do it without making a single mark or breaking a single clip and this entire setup can be removed with little or no trace come trade in time. The difference in sound quality and volume is amazing so much so that I doubt there are any OEM systems that would come close to this. I still have some tinkering to do in regards to setting up my crossovers and levels via the MS8 but I am enjoying this part of it. I would recommend this type of setup and I’m really pleased I went for the MS8 option.

Last edited by B33M3R; 06-06-2011 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0