2019 BMW M6  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowbmw View Post
-sorry i mean valvetronic.
Sorry, should've realized that.

Quote:
-and i meant the head is already pretty damn good as is, its pretty close to optimized already...
It may be optimized but it can be improved and not insubstantially.

Quote:
-to me custom headers would be a fun project and since the space contraints on an e30 swap would be different, the n52 headers you can buy might not work without bashing tubes, and who wants to do that?...
Point taken, thanks.

Quote:
-manual steering works fine on a light car... that used to be THE ONLY form of steering and people managed to live to tell the tale
I'm not a big fan of power steering myself and would like to have the manual steering of older cars I've owned, I wasn't sure if the rack setup in the car could provide as effective a steering as it might without boost. Cool if it can, that's somewhat surprising.

Quote:
-power steering and AC rob more power than people think, look up some tests done with them removed... 15-25 hp average
I think I'll measure it at the next dyno, at least the A/C, that'll be interesting. I'm not sure it drags as much as older systems used to but it'll be helpful to see actual numbers.

Quote:
-people on here have safely run 75 wet shots of nitrous... it was able to handle it safely and numerous people did it
Well, yes, I've seen that but I'm not buying that it's long term safe for the engine in any way. Not knocking it mind you but it doesn't sound like the wisest thing to do if any engine life is desired.

Quote:
-the wiring and tuning is gonna be a bitch using the stock DME... not sure what his budget is but its going to definitely be a bitch
Yeah, agreed. OTOH, at least it should be focused purely on performance rather than trying to do things it doesn't have code for. It'll be fun, that's for sure.
2011 E90 328i 6MT, BMW Aero, CF hood/boot, PI+CAI+RM+3IM+BPC, SS+CI528+ThermoTec+SS#1+2XBurns, AKG 75D eng/trans, Al/Delrin diff/RS, CM 850, UCP, CAE, AKG DSSR, DiffsOnline 3.91 30/90 LSD+BW cooler, C&R, Setrab, Accusump, AST 3-way+Swift, Aurora PR+BW spherical, Vorshlag CPs, M3 brace+UR bar, ARC-8 18x8.5, 255 R1R, RB/CSL rotors+cooling, 135i calipers, RS29, RT700, Safecraft, OMP HTE-R+804F+QD Superquadro, 6pt cage+FIA, Braille, RT DL1Mk3
Appreciate 0