tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagtem View Post
Your enthusiasm is admirable, but I mean... it's a BMW wagon. It's never going to be a Lotus on the track. I really doubt you'd be able to discern a noticeable performance increase by deleting the sun roof. I say just enjoy a nice feature of the car. When I had my Audi Q5 and then SQ5, the panoramic roof was one of my favorite features.... and that was in Connecticut! Now that I'm back in San Diego you can bet I enjoy popping the top on my E90 whenever possible.
Strong summary of the reasons NOT to proceed with a sunroof delete.

Sure, the reasons you cite are valid and credible. I do love the Pano roof, driving through the Cascades and BC Coastal range in the summer.

The choice simply depends on circumstances and application...
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 0