05-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #114
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Some updates:

1) Summer tires and new ARC-8s!!! Replaced (finally) the Blizzaks with Potenza S-04 Pole Positions sized 255/40/17 square on new Apex ARC-8 rims 17 x 9 ET:30 in Hyper Silver. No spacers, no rubbing. I'm a fan of S04 PP for summer tires because they grip similarly to Michelin PSS, while remaining quieter and more civil for street duty. The S04s will never see track time, so no worries over heat management, which I found to be the weak point with PSS on track. I have a set of RE-71Rs which are better suited for track conditions. The new shoes fit and feel terrific.

2) TPMS -> FTM: With new wheels, it would be necessary to buy another set of TPMS sensors. The benefit of this conversion is side-stepping the need to buy 4 expensive TPMS sensors. Research showed that North America is the sole market using TPMS, because DOT mandates not only that tire pressure needs to be monitored, but also how the pressure is monitored - directly using TPMS sensors. The rest of the world bypasses the clunky TPMS system with FTM. FTM uses DSC to monitor the tire rotation. If one corner differs significantly, then FTM assumes low pressure. I tested FTM by lowering the pressure at one corner to confirm that yes, in fact, FTM functions fine.

3) StopTech brakes. Installed front and rear ST60 / ST40 brakes. Sadly found one of the bleed screws on the pax rear caliper was stripped. I had to remove the rear ST40s and go back to the stock rear brakes. The caliper is with the machinist now. Fingers crossed the caliper body can be tapped and repaired.
Attached Images

Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 6