10-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #21
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Thanks for this, BB_cuda

You may have saved a big headache here. I understood the M3 toe arms to work with M3 rear spindles AND Non-M rear subframe. Given your guidance, I'll need to revisit those control arms. Thanks.

Any durability challenges using the Bimmerworld adjustable toe arms on the street? I'm less concerned about noise, more concerned about longevity of the bearings without seals on the street.

Could you speak further to your experience using the lower control arms? Specifically, do the M3 lower control arms pair seamlessly with M3-specific dampers and springs? I thought the GC conversion kit is for M3 dampers used with non-M lower camber arms.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
the M3 specific toe links will not work on your 335 type rear sub frame. You have to use both the M3 specific rear hubs AND the M# subframe for this to be a go.

I have the M3 rear lower camber links, guide links, upper wishbones, and rear E92 type swaybar. I replaced the 335d toe links with adjustable ones from bimmerworld with spherical bushings in them.

The be able to use the lower camber arms, I had to buy an M3 conversion kit from Ground Control. The shocks are M3 specific and have a lower eye to properly fasten to the camber arms. The spring rates are custom at 550 #/in R and 440#/in F.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 0