tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubersteuer View Post
That's a lot lighter than I would have guessed, you're down to e36 and e82 territory.

Compared to stock you've reduced weight with seats, rear bumper bar, wheels/tires, possibly exhaust, right?
Good eye!

Real, measured weight reductions:

- Replace stock front seats with Recaro Profi @ 60 lbs
- Delete rear seat bottom, seat backs, and privacy screen @ 85 lbs
- Replace rear bumper bar with Euro-spec @ 12 lbs
- Wheels / tires @ 40 lbs
- Exhaust - forgot to measure. The stock exhaust is heavy and requires some effort and balance to move. The Dundon exhaust is opposite, feeling very lightweight. Charles used lightweight, 20 gauge 321 stainless and Inconel tubing for the exhaust, a Coast Fabrication muffler (fabricator for Burns) and Vibrant resonator. 40 lbs estimated weight reduction is reasonable in my mind.

The rear seat delete was done a couple of days ago. 80 lbs off the car is easily felt from the driver's seat. The car simply feels lighter, more agile, and happier.

There are some excess pounds still remaining on the table (or in the car...). At this point though, any further dieting requires more serious commitment. I feel that the weight reduction program I've outlined doesn't detract from the car's practicality or comfort, and I'm satisfied with a wagon form-factor at E82/E36 weights.

So let's see... Total from above is around 240#. The manufacturer's specification is around 3514 lbs stock. So the numbers do seem in the ballpark, at least to me. Note: the tank was exactly 1/2 full.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794

Last edited by tetsuo111; 02-21-2018 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
E91WAG3N1247.50