03-12-2018, 06:20 PM   #81
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Dundon Motorsports

This morning I visited Charles' shop, Dundon Motorsports. Visiting Charles is a real treat for any gear-head.

I met Charles when he worked at Gerber Motorsports, where he was the lead tech, servicing Porsche and vintage F1 race cars. He impressed me with his intellect and deep knowledge of ICE and exhaust physics and thermodynamics. He founded his shop a couple of years ago and seems to be doing well. The shop looks like it's turning the corner form "new" to "established".

Charles focuses solely on specialty Porsches. Mine was the only non P-car to be seen. I think he works on my car as a favor, since we met some time ago.
Most of the cars in the shop are GT3s or GT4s, with a couple of Turbos here and there. His clean room for engine builds is bustling, and his DynaPack is set-up for development work. His custom Titanium / 321 / Inconel alloy exhausts have a reputation around the world as one of the best GT3 exhausts available.

I took the wagon in to have SuperSprint headers installed and for a general maintenance inspection, trim the tips, re-pack the mufflers, and a dyno. Pick-up later this week or next. Can't wait...

A visit to Dundon Motorsports is a treat.
Attached Images

Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794

Last edited by tetsuo111; 03-25-2018 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: Dyno-Max -> DynaPack
Appreciate 0