03-25-2018, 07:07 PM   #88
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Alcantara shifter and E-Brake boots

This car's interior has received more love compared with the last car, in the spirit of improving the "high-touch" areas. The walnut burl trim was replaced with M3 carbon fiber leather trim, sport seats made way for Recaro Profi buckets, the cluster was replaced with a M3 cluster, the E-brake handle was upgraded, an AutoSolutions SSK was installed, a GTS-style arm rest replaced the pillowy stock version, plus other small jobs that in toto are surprisingly effective at making me look forward to spending time in the cockpit. I enjoy the interior mods more than I could have imagined when I began.

The interior color-tone is black, but the number of different materials and textures was beginning to multiply and look too busy. On the center console, the trim plate is wrapped in smooth Napa leather, the shift boot was too shiny, the e-brake boot was Dakota leather, the CF leather trim was yet another different material / texture. I decided to simplify, so ordered a bundle of Alcantara shift and E-brake boots from LeatherZ. I also ordered some extra matching Alcantara to upholster the GTS V.2 armrest I'm working on.

LeatherZ makes the boots to order, and offers a few material options. I chose to have mine finished in light gray BMW Performance thread, which matches the stitching on the Prototipo. The quality of the product is great, and the matching material reduces the visual clutter and adds to the purposeful, sporty atmosphere.
Attached Images

Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794

Last edited by tetsuo111; 03-25-2018 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 1