11-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #39
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Four small jobs

This post documents four small services.

Date: 29 Nov 2017

Mileage: 42,262

What: 1) Replace 4 x cabin air filters (Mann 64319159606), 2) Replace 4 x plastic Schrader valve caps with nickel plated brass silicon-sealed valve stem caps (BMW 36121120779), 3) Replace non-M center console glasses tray with M Novello console tray (BMW 51167132376), 4) Replace dash cup surround trim with new part (BMW 51457138797)

Why: This is that time of the season to catch-up on the endless list of small services that need attention.

- Cabin air filters can be changed annually. The Mann filters are half the price of the equivalent BMW part number, so I chose to use them. This isn't to imply that the parts are identical. They aren't. But the Mann filters are fine. NOTE: mine are M3 filters because I replaced the motor bay cowl with an M3 cowl for better accessibility. DIY (not necessary but just in case....): http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=864769

- I check tire pressure at each fill-up. Plastic valve stem covers don't seal, and look like.... plastic. I replaced mine with proper nickel plated brass covers, with internal silicon O-rings and knurled barrels. These are miles better, functionally and aesthetically.

- On this car I chose to focus more attention on "high-contact" area upgrades. This especially applies to the cockpit. On my last E91, I enjoyed the few interior upgrades (Recaro Profi buckets, M3 steering wheel and paddles, Turner AL pedals, etc), mostly I think because this is an intimate part of the driving experience. IMO the non-M cockpit is functional and comfortable, but isn't quite finished. With this car, I chose to convert the non-M cockpit to "M+". With this job, replacing the open center console tray with the covered Novello leather M tray, my interior is almost finished. The sole remaining interior upgrades are a cluster replacement (darn &%$! MPG gauge) with M3 cluster, and replacing the M3 shifter with a weighted ZHP knob.

- I've had this car for a few months. The PAX-side dash trim has a small ding, so I replaced it.

Results: Several small jobs crossed off my "To do" list
Attached Images

Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794

Last edited by tetsuo111; 11-30-2017 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 1