tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
I read this thread a year ago but just came back and read the whole thing again. Love this build! I really appreciate your methodical approach to maximizing the e91 chassis.

You mentioned the diff cooler a few times but I didn’t see any pics of the install. Did I miss them? The only other n52 e9x I remember seeing with a diff cooler was Justpete’s track build.
Sorry for the delay, Biginboca. Between bikes and work, my discretionary time is approaching zero. Haven't been tracking the thread.

Thanks for your comment. Funny, I've been following your build for the same reasons!

This is my plan for the diff cooler. This is a WTCC BMW, but the concept remains valid, IMO. You can see the location of the differential heat exchanger in the fairing behind the right rear wheel arch. You can also glimpse the bungs and lines on the diff cover, leading to the cooler. I prefer this to some of the in-cabin or in trunk installs in the unlikely case of a leak, the hot oil stays outside the cabin.
Attached Images

Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 4
Biginboca3763.50
8081M40.50
tlow982188.00