tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Would love to see photos. 17" Arc 8s need more love! What size tires will you be running for the street?
Not surprisingly, I agree about 17" ARC-8 love. They're significantly lighter and less expensive compared with larger sizes. They look and perform about as well as I need in a rim. I'm a fan of the "meaty" tire look and appreciate the ride quality and protection of a 40 series profile compared with a 35 or 30.
Apex is a fantastic vendor that supports their products and customers post-sale. And 17" tires are $hundreds less than the equivalent compound sized larger.

Sorry, no photos yet. The new rims are scheduled for delivery from Apex in a couple of weeks. Tire sizing is the same as before, at 255/40/17 square.

I realize this is an aggressive front fitment for non-M E9X. The identical setup worked without rubbing on the last car, but that car also had camber plates and ~ 2.5 degrees in front. This car doesn't have camber plates yet, and only ~1.5 degrees in front. So no confirmation that these will fit properly - yet.

Funny, I was thinking of you yesterday while I was working on my car. How's the progress on your front end stiffening plate? Think I shared that I had a pair of 1" x 3" billet AL bars fabricated to connect the subframe to the unibody. We have a metal fabricator at The Shop, whose specialty is hand-formed body restoration on collectable (and non-collectable) cars. His work is superb! Having access to him is both enabling as well as a little dangerous, because he makes it so easy to fabricate ideas that used to be limited to imagination. For instance, my friend's 911 Turbo was in the shop this weekend to replace the stock roof with a lighter roof panel from Porsche's R- motorsport catalog, dropping ~ 60 lbs from the roof of his track car.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 0