View Single Post
      10-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #118
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
tlow98 Sorry for the delay, I've been away for awhile....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Thanks for pioneering the M3 front subframe plate! Reminds me of the 'x-brace' mod for the E36 M cars... Loved my old M3 with that brace - was a tangible difference, but it also tied into the body. You notice a difference with that plate?
WRT/ the front M3 "thrust plate" (per RealOEM). Yes, I notice a subtle but noticeable improvement in road feedback and 'feel'. The magnitude is about the same as replacing the non-M front strut brace with the stiffer M3 AL strut brace. The improvement is subtle and noticeable, at least for me.

I think chassis stiffening is like a weight-loss program. It's unusual for any one item to make a dramatic improvement. Rather, it's the cumulative effect after a series of incremental improvements that add-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Also, maybe I missed it, but are you intending to stick with the TCK SAs?
TCK SA worked very well for me. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend TCK coilovers because the price / performance / value point is among the best. So is the customer service.

For this ride, I'm trying a different type of coilover, moving from SA to DA JRZ / M3. Springs are stiffer at 550 / 800# front / rear, compared with 400 / 600# with TCK SA. I'm both looking forward to, and dreading the learning curve moving from SA to DA dampers.

Before installing the coilovers, it's necessary to swap the front and rear wheel carriers from stock to M3, swap to M3 arms and bushings in the rear, and replace the bearings and hubs with new M3 parts. There are quite a few bearings and bushings to do, so this may take awhile.

M3 wheel carriers mean new brakes, too, because the mounting points differ. The scope of work for the brakes is in total, to include the booster and larger MC, and most importantly, a M3 DSC pump and ABS control module + coding for control.
Attached Images

Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794

Last edited by tetsuo111; 10-08-2018 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
8081M40.50