E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts > SOLD OUT: Carbon Fiber side fins

07-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #243
Ruddigger
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToBeamer View Post
UGH Idk about everyone else but the rubber trim just does it for me rather than just a straight thin edge. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, the edge trim is a must.
      07-13-2016, 11:47 AM   #244
XDriver0705
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i XDrive

Can You Pm Info For 2010 335i Xdrive, For Side Skirts And Fins As Well If Still Available.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 12:20 PM   #245
b-man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi

pm for 2009 e90 328xi. Side skirts without flare and fins.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #246
vvroom
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

UPDATE:

Hey guys, just wanted to post some info about the side extensions. I've received a few messages about them. Just want to let you guys know why I haven't offered to make more.

Cost- making them cost me a lot of money. A 96" x 48" x 1/8 (3mm)" is so expensive. Since each extension is roughly 80" x 5.5" i'm only able to make 4 sets per sheet. If I did decide to make a few sets I would require a full payment up front. Wouldn't feel comfortable fronting the cost and if someone had a change of heart, I would be stuck with the bill.

Shipping- for local guys we could just meet up, but for those that are not I don't know how I would ship these out. They don't weight much, but they're long and I haven't found a large enough box that would fit them. Don't have any idea the cost to ship these out.

E92's -I only know the measurements, jacking point locations of my e90, and f30. Last time when I was trying to get the mounting locations for the fins I had a lot of trouble finding someone with a e92 willing to meet up. For such a large piece I would need a few meet ups in order to test fit a mock up. In short, If I did make a few more, I would only be able to make them for e90s.

Time- takes 3 weeks from the day I place to order to get the sheet. Don't know a lot of people that would be willing to pay the full amount and then have to wait nearly a month to get their product.

If after reading all this you're still interested let me know. I do appreciate the interest you guys have shown but I just wanted to be upfront and transparent with you all. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 01:22 PM   #247
FRMTL2_335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestMoose View Post
Oh I think you can!!!
Add me to the list of interested people.
INTERESTED AS WELL!
FFTEC 6466 Gen2, MHD Flash Tuned by Wedge, BMS PI Kit, FUEL-IT Stg 3 pump, HALTECH PS-1000, MFactory LSD w/lock down brace, ECS Trailing Arms, M3 control arms, M3 brace, DGR Coilovers, N20 tmap sensor, BMS OCC, VRSF exhaust w/4" tips, VRSF CP, Tial BOV. BigTom FMIC, Msport front & rear, m3 sides skirts.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #248
FRMTL2_335i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvroom View Post
UPDATE:

Hey guys, just wanted to post some info about the side extensions. I've received a few messages about them. Just want to let you guys know why I haven't offered to make more.

Cost- making them cost me a lot of money. A 96" x 48" x 1/8 (3mm)" is so expensive. Since each extension is roughly 80" x 5.5" i'm only able to make 4 sets per sheet. If I did decide to make a few sets I would require a full payment up front. Wouldn't feel comfortable fronting the cost and if someone had a change of heart, I would be stuck with the bill.

Shipping- for local guys we could just meet up, but for those that are not I don't know how I would ship these out. They don't weight much, but they're long and I haven't found a large enough box that would fit them. Don't have any idea the cost to ship these out.

E92's -I only know the measurements, jacking point locations of my e90, and f30. Last time when I was trying to get the mounting locations for the fins I had a lot of trouble finding someone with a e92 willing to meet up. For such a large piece I would need a few meet ups in order to test fit a mock up. In short, If I did make a few more, I would only be able to make them for e90s.

Time- takes 3 weeks from the day I place to order to get the sheet. Don't know a lot of people that would be willing to pay the full amount and then have to wait nearly a month to get their product.

If after reading all this you're still interested let me know. I do appreciate the interest you guys have shown but I just wanted to be upfront and transparent with you all. Thanks
BALLPARK ON PRICE? im still interested.
FFTEC 6466 Gen2, MHD Flash Tuned by Wedge, BMS PI Kit, FUEL-IT Stg 3 pump, HALTECH PS-1000, MFactory LSD w/lock down brace, ECS Trailing Arms, M3 control arms, M3 brace, DGR Coilovers, N20 tmap sensor, BMS OCC, VRSF exhaust w/4" tips, VRSF CP, Tial BOV. BigTom FMIC, Msport front & rear, m3 sides skirts.
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2016, 01:50 PM   #249
XDriver0705
Private
Rep

Quote:
UPDATE:

STILL INTERESTED, AND PM'D YOU AS WELL ABOUT THE FINS
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2016, 08:56 PM   #250
mantis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
2011 e90  [5.50]
Quote:
UPDATE:

ship them in cardboard tubes not boxes.
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #251
vvroom
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRMTL2_335i View Post
BALLPARK ON PRICE? im still interested.
Between 550-600. These are really expensive to make. Reason why I haven't really pushed to make anymore, but if some of you really want one i'll look into shipping cost.

Here's some additional photos. I put on the side flares last week for some testing. They've held up well.

Last edited by vvroom; 07-14-2016 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 3
      07-18-2016, 04:59 PM   #252
XDriver0705
Private
Rep

Quote:
Between 550-600. These are really expensive to make. Reason why I haven't really pushed to make anymore, but if some of you really want one i'll look into shipping cost.

Here's some additional photos. I put on the side flares last week for some testing. They've held up well.

BUT WITH THE BACK FINS COMBINED ALL ONES NEEDS IS THE FRONT LIP ON A STOCK FRONT BUMPER AND YOU ARE DONE. NO NEED TO BUY THE SAME KITS ENDLESS AMOUNT OF PEOPLE ALREADY HAVE. GET TO BE MORE ORIGINAL.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:49 AM   #253
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

interested in the rear bumper skirts/fins - if available PM me and i'll send payment
      07-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #254
vvroom
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmnot
interested in the rear bumper skirts/fins - if available PM me and i'll send payment
PMed, not sure if my message went through. Let me know
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #255
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
[QUOTE=vvroom;20258072]Between 550-600. These are really expensive to make. Reason why I haven't really pushed to make anymore, but if some of you really want one i'll look into shipping cost.

Here's some additional photos. I put on the side flares last week for some testing. They've held up well. [QUOTE]

Can we get some wind tunnel data on the side skirts and flares? Are the side flares working to keep laminar flow attached to the side better?

I'm joking of course, but it would be awesome to have access to test data. I have some ambitious aero / downforce experiments in the queue.

The part looks fantastic - strong work!
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 05:02 PM   #256
Vongolet
Private
Sweden
Rep

Do you still make and sell the fins? I would like a pair for my E92 M-tech.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 06:09 PM   #257
uhNexus
Boost Addict
Rep
Drives: M3CX, 335is ST 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewA View Post
They reuse the original screws that hold the bumper in place! The holes are lined up on the fins so its just unscrew factory screws, line up, then put screws back in.
I'm having an issue installing my fins. The bolt closest to the wheel on the passenger side is slightly turning but won't unthread itself. It seems like something is holding it in place. Anybody else have this issue? It's only one bolt giving me an issue and it's frustrating as hell. Also, I need to get longer bolts because apparently my oem ones are too short
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 08:34 PM   #258
ssdara
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhNexus View Post
I'm having an issue installing my fins. The bolt closest to the wheel on the passenger side is slightly turning but won't unthread itself. It seems like something is holding it in place. Anybody else have this issue? It's only one bolt giving me an issue and it's frustrating as hell. Also, I need to get longer bolts because apparently my oem ones are too short
You def need longer screws not sure how people are reusing their oem. Maybe its a mtech bumper issue. I used some generic screws from my toolbox
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 07:12 AM   #259
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

love the skirt extensions and rear bar extensions!

What are the prices for the sidskirts?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 07:51 AM   #260
Boston335iGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 335i m sport coral red

I am also interested in side skirts extension
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #261
sgm.e90
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI F30

Are you still making the sideskirts and side fins?
      04-28-2017, 12:39 PM   #262
Ruddigger
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91

Run is ended. Sorry.